Yacht Purchase Lawyer in Southern California
Weil & Associates provides the services of a qualified, experienced yacht purchase lawyer to clients throughout California, including San Diego, Orange County, and Long Beach. Our lawyers can help you to understand many of the issues that obscure or cloud the vessel’s title. We can offer an expert opinion about the vessel’s current ownership and title status. We will consult with qualified marine tax professionals on your behalf, and we can refer you to a CPA with experience in major asset purchases if specialized tax advice is required.
References are extremely important when it comes to title insurance, lending and marine insurance products. These should be suitable for your prospective vessel, and we can refer you to trusted experts with experience in these matters.
These are some of the major reasons to hire a lawyer when buying or selling a boat:
- Does the seller have clear title?
- Does the title history reveal undisclosed events in the boat's past?
- What is a maritime lien?
- Will a maritime lien stay with the boat after it is sold?
- What is a secret maritime lien?
- What does the fine print mean in the purchase contract or mortgage?
- Should the buyer take title in the name of a corporation or LLC?
- Should the buyer take title in the name of a partnership?
- Do you need to pay sales tax? What about property tax?
- Is the boat listed as "For Sale by Owner," without involving a broker?
- Are you considering an unusual ownership structure?
- What is a Charter/Purchase option?
- What is a “wraparound” on an existing loan?
- Is it necessary to form a corporation to buy the boat?
- How should an existing corporate owner purchase the boat?
Lawyer for Yacht Sale
The yacht sale process can be complex, so talk to the legal team at Weil & Associates. Our firm offers the services of a qualified expert, an essential part for making a purchase agreement or entering into a mortgage contract.
This process might include the following:
- Stock purchase agreements
- Corporate formation documents
- Charter agreements
- Due diligence for purchase agreements
- Contractual terms and conditions
This service can also function as a vessel purchase or sale consultation, and we can help you to understand and navigate the language of your legal contracts. We perform due diligence during every phase of the purchase transaction. We draft and/or review each part of the documentation related to the transaction. The next boat you purchase might cost more than your house, so get prepared for the legal issues that arise from major asset purchases by contacting us today.